Good day people!
To try and review what we have till now:
- Artwork for an event should not be limited to the timeframe of the actual event and can be submitted later. (Honestly I didn't know this wasn't there before xD)
- Recaps are very wanted, both to get a grip on the story as to link characters together. Any ideas on how? Because I doubt people will read long, story-like summaries of events. A bullet-type of recap? Recaps per city?
- 2 months for a big event (tops) and 1 month for a small one.
- A storyline is good, but should be flexible. That would mean vaguely planning an ending but being ready to throw it overboard if an rp changes everything.
- Events can still be focused on the legendaries, that's fine, but connections between legendaries and citizens should become more clear. (recaps could help out here)
- Everyone can give ideas for events, through notes or perhaps comments on a journal.
- Missions per job can be given out whenever a leader thinks up of something and are not planned out in advance. Maybe certain jobs get a quest in certain parts of the story when it would fit best?
I added a few questions that came up with me as I wrote this, but I think we're definetely getting somewhere with this. Thanks a lot to everyone commenting and please don't stop!
And even if you agree with everything stated above, then tell us :3
Here we go!
I know I'm a bit late and I most sincerely apologize for that, but here we finally are. Discussing some things for the group would be nice to do with all of us, and not just two or three people. We ARE trying to be more open and logical, I hope this will be a good start for that.
This is how it's going to be, for now at least. There will be a topic brought forward in a journal, it'll be stated how things are going right now and what the original responses were. After reading that you can comment below the journal with opinions on how it could be enhanced and made better. Other people can then reply to your comment and start a discussion of sorts.
The journal will last for a while -I was thinking a week or so?- and will be updated every now and then with what has been established in the comments to try and keep it manageable. I hope that this is going to work, it's at least worth a try~
TOPIC 1: Events and event construction
The first topic would be about the events.
-Creation of the events has been mainly organized/come up with by one or two, maybe three people. They have been written as if they were pretty firmly set.
-Right now there is a main storyline, it's just stated that characters have to respond. The events are centered around either the cities or the legendaries, not the people of the country. The original event system hasn't been put to use yet, there have been no set tasks for certain job-branches etc.
-The events also last relatively long, one and a half to three months is a bit avarage. Usually more on the long than on the short side.
In the earlier journal where we asked for your opinion parts of this also came to light.
- Events are lasting way too long and should be brought back to a 2 month-max. Some said a 1-month max. (What about smaller events versus main plot events?)
- People would like to help but are unsure how/when. (Open to suggestions!)
- The focus on the legendaries is met with varying response. People know legendaries currently are the most active, people aren't sure how to change this.
- The option of mapping out various outcomes ike a perfect/planned, good/little off course, bad/off course, and ugly/way off course.
- I may have missed things, but this is quite a bit to go on. (/tired uvu)
So..I hope this is sufficient for you guys to start giving your opinion on and start discussing so we can turn this group around and make it better, together!
Thank you all a lot in advance, and also thank you so much for all the already useful input. It's great knowing you guys do want to keep the group alive :3